- Skagit Valley Highland Games & Celtic Festival
July 8, 2017 - July 9, 2017
8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Event Phone: 360-416-4934
Please join us as a competitor for the 2017 Skagit Valley Highland Games Scottish Athletic events, held July 8-9 at Edgewater Park in Mount Vernon, WA. For over 20 years now, these traditional Scottish “Games of Brawn” have been a centerpiece and crowd favorite at the Skagit Games. Competitors from around the region join us to participate in our two-day event.
Registrations are currently available for the 2017 Skagit Valley Highland Games; please complete the following registration “ticket” and we’ll look forward to seeing you in July!
Entries will close on June 30, 2017, or when events fill. Please register early to be sure to get in!
Events for the 2017 Skagit Valley Highland Games include:
Light Stone Light Hammer Heavy Weight for Distance Braemar Stone
Heavy Hammer Heavy Weight for Height Caber Toss Light Weight for Distance
The competition fee is $32 per competitor and participation in all events is expected. Registration and payment includes lunch and competition t-shirt. You may pay with a credit card as part of completing this process, or select the “invoice” option during payment and send a check or money order in the mail.
Event schedule will change depending on number of competitors and/or weather
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ATHLETIC EVENTS
- Games operate under Scottish American Athletic Association (SAAA) rules and will be judged by an SAAA certified Judge, however, this is NOT an SAAA sanctioned event.
- All athletes, except Novice, must wear a kilt & long hose to compete.
- Organizers & Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
- Athletes are responsible for their own injuries (Basic First Aid is on field).
- Competitors may compete in one class only.
- Awards will be presented to the top three competitors in each event and each class must have at least three competitors to qualify for awards.
- A keeper award will be presented to each overall division winner.
- The “Rob Robertson Memorial Athlete of the Day” Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to top “A” amateur athlete, engraved and kept by the Celtic Arts Foundation.
- Athletes must make an attempt at all rounds and compete in all events to qualify as a division winner or aggregate champion.
- ALL competitors must be 18 years of age and be ready to show proof to Highland Games Athletic committee if asked OR have Parent/Guardian sign waiver.
- The Celtic Arts Foundation/Skagit Valley Highland Games Committee reserves the right to change, combine and/or eliminate events and classes.
- Judges decisions are FINAL.
Please note: Our primary concern is for the safety of our guests and competitors. ANY activity by a registered athlete deemed unsafe by the Skagit Valley Highland Games Athletic events Judge, event organizers or Celtic Arts Foundation will result in disqualification from event, forfeiture of registration and potential expulsion from the grounds.
Please register and pay for each competitor individually. Select one competitor class and proceed to view event cart and then registration.
Venue: Edgewater Park